Unordered List

Sunday 19 June 2016

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

I write to you with tears in my eyes but joy in my heart.
You've been a "beast" since I was born, but I choose to see the angel in you.
You mostly come home drunk, yell at everybody and even hit us including mummy.
But Dad, others can choose to call this BRUTALITY but I choose to call it FIDELITY.
I know in difficult times, a chest to hide in and a shoulder to cry on is very necessary.
You come home drunk, yes, because you hate to see the family you cherish so much, starve and in pain. Amidst the yelling, I sense a loud scream of love.
Dad I want to let you know that today that I will freely give you healthy hugs so PLEASE DON'T HIT ME.
Please whisper the "I LOVE YOU" because in the yells, my soul cant hear from yours.
I know every effort of yours is to be a man we shall be proud of, so please come home today walking straight and you'll see the pride and appreciation in mom's eyes.
I shall always be proud to call you DADDY irrespective of what others may say. I promise to love you always because that's the only option I have and also to make you proud one day.
All I need is MORE LOVE from you, but this time, more tenderly.
I CELEBRATE YOU TODAY DAD...I LOVE YOU.

Agyekum Prince Adjetey
  (Oguaa hall President)
 
⏰TIME ASO MOVEMENT ⏰

No comments:

Post a Comment